CyPhaCon is proud to once again host our huge Cosplay Contest on Saturday April 8th in the Rosa Hart Theater at the Lake Charles Civic Center!
ONLINE ENTRIES NOW CLOSED!
SIGNUPS ONLY AVAILABLE ON SITE AT CYPHACON 2017 until we hit our limit for this contest. All applications must be turned in by Saturday at Noon or sooner depending on signups.
CyPhaCon 2017 Cosplay Contest
COSPLAY CONTEST RULES:
1. Potential participants must complete an entry form (available prior to CyPhaCon 2017) detailing their walk on.
NOTE: ALL FORMS MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO THIS YEARS EVENT AND NO LATER THAN 11AM ON APRIL 8th 2017! SPACES ARE LIMITED SO REGISTER SOON!!
When filling them out, be as complete, accurate and honest as possible; discrepancies and/or omissions could result in disqualification. Participants are allowed one (1) walk-on. This year CyPhaCon has limited walk on skits to only 10 spots for 2017 first come first serve.
2. There will be a mandatory pre-meeting for all the contestants who entered at 2:00PM out Panel Room 2 or nearby the Cosplay Contest Registration on Second Floor. This will be for instructions to walk onto stage and if any questions need to be asked by the judges or contestants. Participants who fail to attend pre-meeting will not be able to participate in contest.
3. No more than five (5) participants per walk-on or skit. Skits will last no longer than 3 minutes. All audio needed for skits must be provided during the pre-meeting event before the cosplay contest. Audio can be on CD or USB drive with a mp3.
4. Costumes must be from Anime, Fantasy, Gaming, or Sci-fi genre. Original character designs are allowed.
5. Participants must wear shoes/slippers during performance; no bare feet allowed.
6. Time for Walk-on’s allowed total of (20) seconds.
7. Remove any props or costumes, and detritus from same, from the stage after your performance, leaving it clean and ready for the next act. A broom will be available as needed.
8. For children twelve (12) yrs. old and under to participate in the contest, CyPhaCon staff must be provided with parent’s typewritten or signed approval promise of supervision, including attending staff & participant meeting.
9. No unsecured projectile weapons (guns, crossbows, etc.) or throwing objects (boomerangs, Chinese Stars, throwing knives, etc.) allowed during skits. Unsecured blunted weapons (staffs, sais, etc.) allowed with security inspection and approval of intended use
10. Weapons will be re-inspected and approved by security shortly before going on stage. NO EXCEPTIONS.
11. No intimidation, real or in jest, with weapons or character, of either audience or judges, allowed during performance, and only of other skit performers as allowed & approved from entry form.
12. This is a family-friendly, rated “G” event. To that end, there must be NO nudity, suggested OR real, foul language, or lewd conduct during your performance. Be supportive and encouraging of other contestants before, during, and after the contest.
13. Recommend that costumes/props be at least 70% handmade to qualify to place in competition.
14. All forms of rude conduct or unsportsmanlike behavior won’t be tolerated. If any conduct persists to happen they will be given a warning and if warned again will result in disqualification
Potential participants may direct any questions to the CyPhaCon staff prior to and/or during the staff & participant meeting. CyPhaCon Cosplay and Security staff will have final approval of all costumes, props and skits entered.
For any other questions contact our Anime Coordinator through his email email@example.com