Revised January 9, 2014 – REVISION 2
- Children ages 12 and under must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
- CyPhaCon prides itself on being a family-friendly event, suitable for children as well as adults. Overt or graphic sexual imagery or display, whether personally deemed by you to be an integral part of a character/costume or not, will not be tolerated, and will result in your PERMANENT expulsion from all present and future CyPhaCon events, as well as possible detainment and arrest by on-site law enforcement.
- Offsite food and drink brought into the convention is allowed, but only in areas designated for such.
- Membership badges must be worn in front, whether clipped onto clothing/costumes or on a lanyard, so as to be easily visible at all times. Attendees must be prepared to present this badge for closer inspection upon request of any and all convention security and/or on-site law enforcement personnel. Hiding of badges within or under clothing/costumes could result in an attendee’s temporary detainment; repeated violations could result in an attendee’s expulsion from the event.
- No unsanctioned ‘horseplay’ is permitted. All fighting demonstrations are strictly scheduled and regulated.
- No drugs intended for recreational use or abuse, and/or alcohol, and/or tobacco products permitted on site. Prescription drugs carried on-site must be in their proper prescription containers for easy identification by on-site law enforcement, should questions arise.
- No UNSECURED offensive weapons, no matter their nature, and excepting those in the possession of bona-fide law enforcement personnel, are allowed in the convention. This includes, but is not limited to, any and all potentially lethal firearms/projectile weapons, and/or bladed/stabbing/strangling weapons. Anything identifiable as an offensive weapon must remain holstered/pocketed/sheathed/cased, and/or peace-bonded, except during official CyPhaCon-sanctioned demonstrations and exhibitions. The use of non-lethal, so-called ‘safe’ weapons, such as Nerf, Super-Soaker, and so on, is also prohibited except during designated events, or in approved areas. The need for peace bonding of any item will be determined by CyPhaCon Security personnel. Items determined to be un-bondable can be left at Registration, with proper identification and paperwork, and picked up later should an attendee so desire.
- Physical and/or verbal abuse and/or assault of fellow con attendees will be dealt with in the strictest manner allowed by human decency, circumstance, and law. You are urged to review our anti-harassment policy below. CyPhaCon personnel have the authority to have you removed from the convention, sans refund, if your behavior violates the above. On-site law enforcement personnel have the authority to detain and/or arrest anyone committing such violations, at at their discretion.
- CyPhaCon does not take responsibility for any items lost, stolen, or misplaced during the event. Check with Registration for lost items. Found items can be turned in to Registration, or handed over to any CyPhaCon staff member.
- Guests, Events, and Schedules are subject to change with little or no prior notice. Those changes that occur prior to the event will be posted as quickly as possible on our website and social media pages. Changes during the event will be noted, when and where possible, on that days’ schedules, posted at Registration and panel rooms around the convention. CyPhaCon neither implies nor accepts any responsibility for inconvenience or financial loss due to such changes, or our failure to note same.
- While attending CyPhaCon, it is possible that you could have video or pictures taken of you by CyPhaCon personnel, their representatives, and/or the media, as well as other con attendees. As a stipulation of your CyPhaCon membership, you agree to waive any and all claims of compensation for the fair use of such images at the discretion of CyPhaCon, CyPhaKids, and our parent company CYPHA LLC, for advertising and promotion, in any broadcast, web, social, and/or print media.
- No on-site solicitations will be allowed without approval from CyPhaCon staff PRIOR to the event.
- These rules are subject to change prior to, and during the event. We recommend that you monitor our social media and daily event postings for updates.
CyPhaCon Anti – Harassment Policy July 2013:
CyPhaCon is dedicated to providing a harassment-free convention experience for everyone (regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion). We do not tolerate harassment of convention participants, staff members, or volunteers in any form.
Harassment includes offensive verbal comments [related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, CyPhaCon may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the convention [with no refund]. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the CyPhaCon staff immediately. (Convention staff can be identified by our uniforms)